As of January 1, 2010, lawyers practicing in Tennessee, who hold client or third party funds, in pooled trust or escrow checking accounts, must enroll those accounts in the Tennessee IOLTA program. As such, the IOLTA program functions as a partnership between the legal community and the community of financial institutions. Click on the links below for explanatory materials.
Toolkit for IOLTA Comparability
- Remittance Upload System Portal
- Download IOLTA Remittance Template
- Help a lawyer open an IOLTA account (“Notice to Financial Institution”)
- Compliance Statement
- Guidelines for Financial Institutions
- Trust Account Overdraft Notification Requirements